This is what had everyone talking in my inner circle, the teaser for Stranger Things, which lists all the episode titles for the upcoming third season that will air in 2019:
- Suzie, do you copy?
- The Mall Rats
- The Case of the Missing Lifeguard
- The Sauna Test
- The Source
- The Birthday
- The Bite
- and The Battle of Starcourt
It also states that all the episodes take place during the Summer of 1985. That was a good Summer.
Netflix also released the trailer for their highly anticipated upcoming live action show that is based on the Gerard Way comic, The Umbrella Academy:
The show will air on Netflix on 02/15/2019 and stars Ellen Page, Mary J. Blige, Cameron Britton, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, Colm Feore, Adam Godley, John Magaro, Ashley Madekwe and Kate Walsh.
Between this, Deadly Class, The Gifted, Marvel’s Runaways, and Cloak and Dagger, it is clearly evident that networks (traditional, cable, and streaming) are aiming for a certain demographic that can propel a show with their ravenous fandoms.
We also have the trailer for the Doctor Who New Year’s special:
One thing, with the confirmation of Jodie Whitaker coming back for season 12, we learned that season 12 will come early 2020.
I know…we went through this with Sherlock. We’ll survive.
Here are some quick recaps of the shows I am covering:
Blood of My Blood: Jamie and Claire are surprised when Lord John Grey drops in on Fraser’s Ridge with an unexpected traveling companion; when Grey takes ill, Claire must reconcile her personal feelings with her duties as a doctor.
Yes, yes…I was on the edge of my seat when Lord John Grey popped up at Fraser’s Ridge while on his way to Lynchburg and do you know who tagged along?
Jamie’s son, Master William.
Why did John take the circuitous route of getting to Lynchburg through North Carolina…well, to test himself to see if he had feelings for Jamie and this is all due to the fact that he had no feelings for his wife when she passed away. This all comes out when John comes does with the measles.
This was great because it:
- Allowed Claire and John have this moment to come to terms with one another and to come clean about certain things. Remember, they both love the same man. So, it starts off with Claire telling John that she felt he was sent, by Tryon, to spy on Jamie, it then went on with her telling how pissed off she was that Culloden robbed her and their now adult daughter of twenty years with Jamie. and then the kicker was when John reveals to Claire that Jamie offered himself to John in exchange for John to become William’s surrogate father. That was a lot for Claire to swallow. But, she can see that John holds Jamie in high regard and at the end of the day, while she may have Jamie…he has William. And they come to a tenuous truce.
- With John being highly contagious with Measles, Claire sends Jamie and William away. This allows Jamie to reconnect with his son. At first, Jamie does not reveal who he is to the lad…and that is not Dad, but the man that used to take care of the horses on his estate aka Mac. The fact that Jamie did not tell him who he was bothers William. The fact that his Dad is potentially dying also puts William in a mood. However, he goes fishing and deer hunting with Jamie and tries to prove that he is not just a kid in Mac’s eyes. That is until he does something that Jamie told him not to do and that was take a fish from Cherokee land. They demand blood, so Jamie tells the Cherokee that William is his son and that they should take his life in lieu of William’s. William is not having it and tells the Cherokee that he was not Jamie’s son and that they should rightfully take his blood. Well, they basically give him a paper cut, because he is so brave. There is a moment where William asks Jamie why he never turned back when he left all those years ago. Jamie replied that he did not want to give him hope of seeing him again. So, when it was time for John and William to leave, as they trot away on their horses…William turns to look back at Jamie. That is hope that they will cross paths again. And I suspect a part of William believes that there is more to his Mac.
- Murtagh. He is so not happy with Jamie and John’s friendship. With Murtagh being the leader of the local Regulators group, sitting and listening to John as he laments how the Regulators are dangerous, it just rubs him raw…however once Jamie fesses up that William is his son, he decides to back off.
- . Jamie gave the ring to Claire, the one made with the candlestick and then they make sweet, sweet love after 1000 kisses.
Yes, the episode ended on a high note. But, happiness can only last so long…
Next: Down the Rabbit Hole – Brianna follows in her mother’s footsteps and travels through the stones back in time to 18th century Scotland, where she struggles to make her way to the Colonies to find her parents
Elseworlds – Part 1 – Barry and Oliver wake up to find they’ve swapped bodies, but Team Flash doesn’t believe them, so the two heroes travel to Smallville on Earth-38 to get help from Supergirl.
There is something magical about these crossover and that is the camaraderie and humor of all the heroes working together as they try to deal with whatever cataclysmic issue they are dealing with.
Now, Barry adapts to being the Arrow a bit faster than Oliver as the Flash and that makes sense. But, their first instinct is to get to one another to figure out what is going on. Barry thinks this is all great…until he finds out that Oliver woke up in bed with Iris and that makes him want to fix this stat.
Now, Iris tells Oliver that Felicity is broken by the deal that Oliver cut. She tells him that he is ruled by violence and revenge and that is a bitter pill to swallow.
Then…Iris drugs Oliver and Ralph knocks Barry out.
Cisco finds out that the red skies is causing a disturbance and sees The Monitor. The Monitor is the reason this is happening. He gave a book to Professor Deegan so he could change reality. Now, we are dealing with a robot that looks like the Monitor, but has all the supes powers.
We see Lois and Clark! YaY! This Lois is the first Lois to make me think of Margot Kidder and that made me so happy. This Lois also knows that Clark is Superman. So, we caught up with Kara and Clark as they talk about Kara leaving the DEO and Clark having returned from Argo City. The good thing is that Kara knows Barry is Barry and Oliver is Oliver.
But, Oliver is annoyed that Barry is still so jovial when he is the Arrow and he just wants to take Barry out..when Barry and him do the infamous Arrow/Running test from season 1. But, Barry wanted to make Ollie suffer in a teasing fashion. That just set off Oliver and Barry storms off. They eventually hash out their issues and what comes out of it is we see how different they are and what really motivates them to do what they do.
They agree to play the parts they were given, which is perfect because Cisco pops up to tell them that they should return home because there is a robot tearing up the city. Guess who is coming along…Kara, Clark, and Lois! Were they successful in stopping him? Nope. He copied all of their powers.
They realize that they have to download a virus to stop him. Barry is sounding like the Arrow for real and Oliver is giving a thumb’s up. It’s weird. Now, Like Iris, we are worried that these guys will not be able to change back to who they really are.
Cisco vibes Barry and Arrow to see what he saw when the Monitor gave the professor the book. The Monitor saw the vibing (Is that a word?) and ominously tells them that they cannot change what has been put into motion. Yet, Oliver knows where to find the Professor and the Monitor…and that is in Gotham City. So, we will watch Oliver, Barry, and Kara (Clark and Lois went back to protect their earth) go to Gotham to cross paths with…?
No, not Batman. Yes, Batgirl.
I have to admit I like Barry in the Arrow outfit, he looks good in it and this episode was so fun. Can we see more of Superman and Lois Lane? I love their dynamic! I also love that Barry and Iris’ love transcends just the physical.
Can’t wait for Part 2 – Still trapped in each other’s bodies, Oliver and Barry head to Gotham City with Supergirl to find out why their reality changed and cross paths with the mysterious Kate Kane.