That ending was a whopper…I would have used that as the Fall finale. So many things happened and only one of them was good.
- Archie is exonerated. Veronica’s snooping paid off, she found a video on her Mom’s computer (the file on the desktop had the image of the brand that is on Archie?) and sent it off and she got the judge to lift the charges against Archie. This is possibly the only time that I have ever felt bad for Hermione. Her daughter and her husband are butting heads 24/7 and they do not care if they drag her or each other down. Anywho, Veronica’s hopes of going back to normalcy with Archie in Riverdale was to no avail. The great part about Archie being exonerated is that we get rid of Sheriff Minetta.
- Archie and Jughead have hit the road to keep Archie and all those he loves safe and mainly because of Hiram. This is prompted after Archie finds a bunch of kids dead in a mine and then learning about Joaquin. After Archie gets through to Veronica via her cell and tells her goodbye. He has left her behind and it seems like the fearsome foursome will not be together as group for the foreseeable future. Why?
Betty has been sent to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy, god help her. Why? Well, the Gargoyle King showed up in her house and that terrified Alice. The funny bit was that FP showed up right after the Gargoyle King was found in the living room. (Did you see the person walk outside the window before the Gargoyle King popped up in Alice’s house? Raising an eyebrow to all of it. Also, in my pic, the GK has a face?). During her art class at the home for troubled youth, she sees that everyone is painting pictures of the Gargoyle King. What kind of lunacy has overtaken this town?
- Joaquin (who was carrying one of the masks of the minion of the Gargoyle King, which reminded me of the Death Eaters from the Harry Potter books) is dead. He died after he told Jughead about the symbol that is branded on Archie, that the Warden was forced into using Archie, and the man in the suit, which had Juggie go straight to Hiram, who rebuffed him and told him to look at everyone else…even his own Father. Shortly thereafter, Joaquin was found dead with the mark of sacrifice on his forehead. An ominous sign to all those that try to stop the Gargoyle King.
- Josie suffered a seizure. She is the third person to have suffered this.
- The most interesting scene, that Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes would have enjoyed, started with Betty inviting all the families to Veronica’s speakeasy under the guise of the Gargoyle King summoning them there. Why are the so easily manipulated? She interrogates them and it gets interesting when the parents start to point fingers at one another. The main question is did Daryl Doiley kill Featherhead in the bathroom with cyanide or did Penelope Blossom kill him with cyanide? Daryl was later found dead in his car, but Betty learns that Daryl did not kill himself…he was poisoned with Oleander, which is a flower.
It seems like everyone has a piece of the puzzle that is the Gargoyle King as most of them have done something underhanded or devious under the pretense of protecting the group as a whole.
One happy moment:
Next week: The Man in Black – Fearful that he will be caught, Archie hits the road and ends up at a farm outside Riverdale; Betty finds herself up against a formidable foe from her past; Veronica makes a risky business decision that could cost her everything.