Iron Fist was cancelled. It suffered from the get-go due to poor casting, lackluster scripts, and even though the second season was better, the show did not have enough fan fervor to get it a third season. However, the series ended with a good enough ending that should leave fans satisfied with the main characters off on their own respective adventures.
This is a first for Netflix, as the Marvel-based shows have been a cornerstone for the success of the streaming service. While we are waiting for the third season of Daredevil to start and have been promised a third season for Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, and a second season for The Punisher…we shall wait to see if we will get another crossover event like The Defenders.
Will you miss Danny Rand and Colleen Wing? Do you think we will see these characters again?
Netflix has started casting for its upcoming Sci-fi series October Faction. Tamara Taylor and J.C. Mackenzie will lead the cast.
Aurora Burghart, Gabriel Darku, Wendy Crewson, Megan Follows and Stephen McHattie have join the cast
- New 10 episode sci-fi series October Faction, based on the successful IDW comic book written by Steve Niles, has found its cast. The story follows the monster hunting Allen family.
- Tamara Taylor (Bones, Altered Carbon, Lost, Justice League: Gods and Monsters) will play Deloris Allen.
- J.C. Mackenzie (Molly’s Game, Vinyl, The Irishman) will play Fred Allen.
- Aurora Burghart (Sex Education) will play Viv Allen.
- Gabriel Darku (Impulse, ReBoot: The Guardian Code, American Gods) will play Geoff Allen.
- The series also includes Wendy Crewson (The Vow, Room), Megan Follows (Reign,Anne of Green Gables) and Stephen McHattie (Watchmen, Maurice Richard).
- The series was adapted and created by Damian Kindler (Sleepy Hollow, Krypton) who serves as creator, showrunner and executive producer.
- October Faction is produced by High Park Entertainment in association with IDW Entertainment. IDW Entertainment is the worldwide distributor (excluding Canada) for the series. Images and press release courtesy of Netflix.
The CW’s Arrow has added to their cast of regulars, with Kirk Adevedo being promoted to series regular for Season 7. Kirk Acevedo, recurred last season as the drug kingpin and crime lord also known as Dragon. Arrow will premiere October 15th. Deadline
I got to watch the premiere of Supernatural and it was nice to see a lot of old faces…like Bobby and the human Lucifer. However, while it was interesting to see the dynamic of Sam leading this group to maintain some order in this world, as he is looking for Dean…it was Dean that was the best part of the show. Well…not Dead, per se, more like the visage of Dean as the Archangel Michael inhabits the vessel of Dean. He’s asking these questions about what people want.
What is he getting at by asking these questions? Other than that, it is just the same ole thing. The show needs to change it up a bit to gain momentum and keep the fans engaged. Especially since they do not have Dean to swoon over. This is reflected in the numbers, where Supernatural stumbled a bit.